What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files, which are downloaded from websites to your computer or your smart phone to remember information as you browse and use the Internet.
There are two main types of cookies, session cookies and persistent cookies.
- A session cookie only exists for the duration of your visit to a website. Session cookies can be used for example, to recognise your browser as you move between pages and will expire when you close your browser window
- Persistent cookies are set to remain on your computer for a set period of time. Persistent cookies can be used for example to remember when you next visit a website
- To record usage statistics and gather information such as how visitors reach our website, the path they take through the website and the parts of the website they click on. These cookies allow us to improve the website and detect any problems visitors may have navigating through the website
- To test and evaluate new content and how this content is displayed to a visitor. These cookies allow us, for example, to improve the website by testing different colours and page layouts
- To earn a small performance marketing commission from the brands we work with when you use a referral link from this website. If you leave this site via a featured credit card referral link and apply successfully for that credit card, the cookie identifies you as having come from this website and we earn our commission. Only a small number of the credit cards listed on this website pay us a commission, but we still list every 0% credit card currently available online to provide you with the best possible choice. These cookies allow us to pay the hosting and other expenses involved in running this website.
How to Control and Delete Cookies
Please note that without cookies enabled you may not be able to access every part of some websites, you may not be able to login to some websites, or apply for products and services online.
You can find more help and information on how to manage your cookies at allaboutcookies.org
Cookies We Use
Google Analytics is a service used by millions of websites worldwide. This service allows us to anonymously collect information about how our site is used. All of the data is aggregated and anonymised meaning that you cannot be identified personally.
|__ga||Used to distinguish users||2 years|
|__gat||Used to throttle request rate||10 minutes|
|__utma||Used to distinguish users and sessions||2 years|
|__utmt||Used to throttle request rate||10 minutes|
|__utmb||Used to determine new sessions/visits||30 minutes|
|__utmz||Stores the traffic source or ad campaign that explains how the user reached the website||6 months|
GetClicky is a service used by hundreds of thousands of websites worldwide. This service allows us to anonymously collect real time information about how our site is used. All of the data is aggregated and anonymised meaning that you cannot be identified personally.
|first_pv_||Track first page view||20 minutes|
|unpoco_||Track time on site||24 hours|
|_jsuid||Track unique visitors to site||20 years|
Optimizely is a service we use to test and evaluate new content and how this content is displayed to a visitor. All of the data is aggregated and anonymised meaning that you cannot be identified personally. These cookies are only set if you visit a page on this website which is being tested.
|optimizelyEndUserId||Stores end user’s unique identifier. It is a combination of a timestamp and random number||10 years|
|optimizelyBuckets||Stores experiments and variations that a user has been set into.||10 years|
|optimizelySegments||Stores the user’s audience and dimension information||10 years|
|optimizelyPendingLogEvents||Stores a cache of a user’s actions between tracking calls||15 seconds|